The difference is in the details on a luxury cruise with United Cruises. Set sail aboard high-end cruise lines, choosing from all-inclusive cruise experiences, small ship sailings, megayachts and more with the help of your Personal Cruise Concierge. Plus, enjoy attractive rates and a bevy of bonus offers on every voyage. View all of our Luxury Cruise sailings and offers. Call us at 800-811-3877 to speak to a Cruise Concierge today.
Great news! AmaWaterways is continuously updating their protocols to allow more guests to travel! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
AMA Waterways Health & Safety FAQs
Pre-Cruise, Online Check-in, and Electronic Travel Documents
IMPORTANT: Boarding will be denied without completing your Online Cruise Check-In in its entirety, including your Health and Contact Tracing Questionnaire, prior to departure from home.
- Once your reservation has been confirmed, log into your Online Cruise Check-In with your reservation number, last name, and date of birth.
- Enter your personal details, including emergency contact and most importantly your current email address in order to receive essential notification about your trip.
- Independent flight information should be entered once confirmed, or within 45-30 days prior to departure.
- You will be required to fill out AmaWaterways’ Health and Contact Tracing Questionnaire 7 days before your journey begins and this information will be revalidated upon embarkation. A link to this form will be in your pre-cruise check-in documents. You will also be required to upload a copy of your Covid-19 vaccination card. To learn how to upload your vaccination card, watch our tutorial video or view our step-by-step guide.
- Please note: Within your Online Cruise Check-In, you may download a printed copy of your Travel Documents within 30 days prior to departure.
What are the Pre-Cruise COVID-19 Testing Requirements?
Starting Sunday, June 12th, US guests will no longer be required to test for Covid-19 prior to their return flight to the United States. Should any guest require testing during the cruise, AmaWaterways will provide assistance and access to local testing facilities. Guests will no longer be required to wear face coverings while moving around the interior of the ship. While masks are optional for guests, our crew will continue to wear face coverings.
Do I need a vaccine to travel on an AmaWaterways Cruise?
Until further notice, AmaWaterways will only be welcoming guests fully vaccinated against Covid-19 on board our ships.
- This vaccination requirement also applies to accompanied minors.
- We recommend guests carry their original CDC vaccination card (or equivalent) as well as a digital version.
- Additional forms may be required by each country (or airline) and these may affect travelers depending on your country of residence.
What COVID-19 Vaccine is accepted?
Guests are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their second dose of Pfizer, Moderna, or AstraZeneca (Covishield) or 28 days following a single dose of Johnson & Johnson (based on EMA guidelines*).
- Mixed dosages of these four vaccines are accepted.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Do I need a Booster vaccine to travel on an AmaWaterways Cruise?
Travelers are responsible for ensuring they meet the travel entry requirements, including proof of booster to enter and circulate within each individual country visited during the river cruise. Some countries within the European Union restrict access to restaurants, trains and tourism sites unless you can provide proof of being fully vaccinated based on their definition.
The following vaccination requirement currently apply to multi-country cruises:
Itinerary Requirements Summary:
- For Tulip Time and Best of Holland & Belgium cruises: guests with an approved vaccine are required to have a 3rd shot (booster) if the second shot was more than 270 days ago (Based on current requirements for entry by air into the Netherlands).
- For Rhine, Main and Moselle Cruises: guests with an approved vaccine are required to have a 3rd shot (booster) if the second shot was more than 270 days ago (Based on current requirements for entry by air into Netherlands and Luxembourg).
- For Upper Danube Cruises (between Hungary and Germany): guests are not required to present proof of vaccination to enter any of the countries along these itineraries.
- For Lower Danube Cruises (between Hungary and Romania): guests are not required to present proof of vaccination to enter any of the countries along these itineraries.
- For cruises in Portugal and Spain: guests with an approved vaccine are required to have a 3rd shot (booster) if the second shot was more than 270 days ago. Those who do not meet this requirement must present a negative Covid-19 test. (Based on current requirements for entry by air into Spain).
- For cruises in Portugal only: guests are not required to present proof of vaccination to enter Portugal.
- For cruises in France: guests with an approved vaccine are required to have a 3rd shot (booster) if the second shot was more than 270 days ago. Those who do not meet this requirement must present a negative Covid-19 test. (Based on current requirements for entry by air into France).
- For cruises in Egypt: guests are not required to present proof of vaccination to enter Egypt.
- For African Safari & Wildlife cruises: guests are required to be fully vaccinated with an EMA* or other** approved vaccine (Based on current requirements of Botswana, Namibia, Tanzania and Zimbabwe).
- For cruises in Vietnam and Cambodia: guests are required to be fully vaccinated with an EMA* or other** approved vaccine. (Based on current requirements of Cambodia)
*European Medicine Agency (EMA): double doses - BioNTech/Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Covishield, Covaxin, Covovax, Moderna, Nuvaxovid (Novavax). Johnson & Johnson (single dose).
Do I need to wear a mask?
Effective Sunday June 12, guests are no longer required to wear masks while on board our ships. Masks remain a personal choice for guests who wish to continue to wear them.
- AMA Waterways strongly recommend packing medical grade and/or N95/KN95 masks, as certain countries and sites we visit require their use.
- Please note, for excursions, independent sightseeing and public transportation on shore, including on our motorcoaches, N95/KN95/FFP2 masks may be required. This will be determined by local authorities.
- In the event they are required by local authorities, our onboard gift shops fleetwide will offer a limited supply for purchase.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Shore excursions will be conducted in small groups. Guests must use hand sanitizers when getting on and off our coaches that are thoroughly cleaned each morning. In addition, masks will be required for all guests when using public transportation on shore, including our motorcoaches. Masking requirements vary by country and sites visited; please be prepared to bring your medical grade mask with you on all excursions. Some countries may require N95/K95 masks.
- AmaWaterways provides a complimentary personal Quietvox commentary system for every guest to use throughout your journey.
- Powered by a sustainable rechargeable battery within your own stateroom, your portable Quietvox system allows you to hear your guide during excursions while permitting comfortable social distancing.
- A brand-new set of headphones that plugs into the Quietvox will be provided to you at the beginning of your sailing; you may also bring and use your own personal set of plug-in headphones.
- In the event that ships are docked side by side, guests will be required to pass over Sun Decks.
- Our exterior handrails will also be sanitized on a high-frequency basis.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.
Are you ready to book your next vacation? Book with United Cruises for great fares and valuable benefits! You get more when you book with us instead of booking directly with the cruise line. We give you our exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits.
Call 800-211-2039 or book online at United Cruises today.